Today I went to the gym on my lunch break and when I was leaving, I got in the
car and started to drive when something started beeping at me. My front right tire
pressure was low. So I parked, got out and looked at it and sure enough, there
was a big fat nail stuck all the way into the tread.
I knew exactly where it came from. The spa company behind my office building had a wooden spa out back that was being repaired this morning. I had to drive right next to it to get into the parking lot.
I knew exactly where it came from. The spa company behind my office building had a wooden spa out back that was being repaired this morning. I had to drive right next to it to get into the parking lot.
As I looked at my deflated tire, I couldn’t help thinking, “Why
me?”
I just got this car and already ran over a freaking nail??
Why do all of our expenses hit at once?
Why today when I have so much to do?I just got this car and already ran over a freaking nail??
Why do all of our expenses hit at once?
I called my BFF from work and she saved the day and swung
by and picked me up on her way back from lunch.
I got back to the office and called my husband and we each made a few phone calls.
A company was going to come out to change the flat for me so I had another friend from work take me back to the gym. I called my husband and he was going to meet me back at the office to take the car to get the flat either repaired or get a new tire.
I got back to the office and called my husband and we each made a few phone calls.
A company was going to come out to change the flat for me so I had another friend from work take me back to the gym. I called my husband and he was going to meet me back at the office to take the car to get the flat either repaired or get a new tire.
![]() |
| My super cute donut |
After the 10 minutes it took for the guy to change to my spare, I drove back to work.
As I finished my work for the day, my thoughts changed.
“Why not me?”
I was able to easily get rides to do what I needed to do.
My boss was understanding and let me get everything taken care of.
The flat change service was covered by our warranty.
The tire, which could not be repaired, was also covered by our warranty.
My husband was also able to leave work so he could sit at the dealership getting a new tire put on the car.
My mother-in-law picked the kids up from school for us.
So yeah, why not me?
If that had been someone else who I work with, or a
struggling Nursing student who attends the school I work at, maybe they wouldn’t have been so fortunate.
Maybe they would have had to pay for a tire. Maybe they wouldn’t have had anyone to share the burden with. Or anyone to help them get where they needed to go.
Maybe they would have had to pay for a tire. Maybe they wouldn’t have had anyone to share the burden with. Or anyone to help them get where they needed to go.
So I am thankful for that stupid freaking nail!
I’m thankful that it was me and not someone else.
And I’m thankful for all the ways that I am blessed even in the midst of a less than ideal situation.
I’m thankful that it was me and not someone else.
And I’m thankful for all the ways that I am blessed even in the midst of a less than ideal situation.


<3 this Katy! Thanks for sharing!
ReplyDeleteLori Hays